Comida Cubana : Rabo encendido / oxtails , arroz amarillo/ yellow rice, frijoles rosados / pink beans & maduros / yellow plantains
- Make sofrito: diced 1 mes onions, 1 red pepper, 1 green , 6 cloves garlic, 1 med tomato
In a separate pan add 2 -3 tbs olive oil to brown the oxtails on both sides. Remove oxtsils & Once brown then drain fat & add oxtsils back in pot
1/2 c red wine
2 c beef broth or 2 cubitos beef
2 pk Sazon
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
Salt & pepper to taste
1/4 c naranja agria
1 bay leaf
1 -8 oz c tomato sauce
- Marinate the oxtails in a mixture of olive oil, naranja agria , salt, and pepper in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the oxtails, and brown on all sides
- Turn the meat carefully, using two spatulas or spoons, since piercing with a fork would let the
juices escape. You are not cooking it at this time, just browning it, so the whole
process should only take about 5 minutes.
- Remove the meat and set aside.
- Cook In large pot covered cook for 2 hrs or til fork tender .