- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 1/2 cup bean mixture, and 1 tablespoon cilantro)
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan; add 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Keep warm.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Combine the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, salt, and paprika, and sprinkle evenly over chicken. Coat the chicken with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with bean mixture; sprinkle with cilantro.
You can find more recipes like this one in our Cuban section at www.hispanicfoodnetwork.com